Product Engineering Lead
SBLY is seeking a full-time member to join its Product Engineering team.
Product Engineering is a closely knit team that works across multiple aspects of SBLY’s business to drive the company’s growth. We’re looking for someone that has experience building products from the ground up, doesn’t mind being in the weeds to improve existing products, and is equally invested in both the implementation and business impact of a project.
What you'll do:
- Own our content management system that serves over 50M unique users per month and our editorial team (30+ editors, writers, and illustrators)
- Own RONProject, our invite-only content management system and ad monetization solution built for written content creators
- Propose, design, and build new projects to help grow SBLY’s business lines (Publishing, E-Commerce, Games)
- Entrepreneurial - you enjoy seeing the business impact of your work and aren’t afraid to propose new projects you think will make the biggest impact
- Analytical - you can dive into the data and do the analysis required to build things that matter
- Independent - you are comfortable being the lead of a project. Others may collaborate with you, but you’ll have the most say on how something is done and the responsibility for getting it done.
- Relationship-builder - you have the ability to drive consensus across teams, influence decision making, and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in small teams (we’re currently a team of 7)
- Experience with PHP + Wordpress
- Experience with Snowflake, Kafka, Kubernetes (our new data pipeline is built on this!)
- Experience with programmatic advertising
- Experience with social ad buying platforms e.g. Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Snap, etc.
Compensation and benefits:
- $150k-200k salary (based on experience)
- Profit share + equity plan (based on experience)
- 401(k) plan
- Full medical + dental + vision coverage
- Flexible work schedule (ask us more about this, we mean it!)
- Unlimited PTO (everyone currently averages ~1 month of PTO yearly)
Location: Los Angeles
Interested in applying?
Please send your resume along with a short blurb about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject:
[SBLY] Product Engineering Lead - [YOUR FULL NAME HERE]